Procurement Project Manager - Telephony
We are looking for a career Project Manager with technical as well as commercial mindset to support London Borough of Redbridge with managing a number of projects within their IT Portfolio. The Specialist will support the delivery of the IT and Digital Strategies, working across departments to deliver improvements for internal and external customers, with immediate focus on completing the procurement activities for a Telephony System by end of 2021.
Expected contract length:
Initially 3 months, with potential extensions until end of 2021.
Who the specialist will work with:
There is an established IT Project Management Office with many projects underway. You will work with resources across the IT team and in specialist functions (e.g. finance and procurement) to deliver the projects.
What the specialist will work on:
Manage the Unified Communications project which replaces/ upgrades the Councils telephony systems and contact centre. Development of business case and solution procurement. Manage the Electronic Document Management System (Information @ Work) Consolidation project.
Address where the work will take place:
The IT Team for London Borough of Redbridge is based at Lynton House, Ilford. However the majority of the team are working from home due to Covid-19 and this role would be expected to do the same.
Working remotely from home due to Covid 19. Occasional requirement to be onsite to collect/return IT equipment.
Essential skills and experience:
- Have experience working with local government procurement processes
- Have experience of the full project life cycle from business case definition, through to transition to business as usual
- Have extensive experience of project management
- Have experience with one or more project methodologies (e.g. Agile, PRINCE2,PMP)
- Experience of successfully delivering projects in a local government or public sector organisation
- Experience of managing contact centre projects
- Understanding of modern approaches to delivering telephony to users across a large organisation
Nice-to-have skills and experience:
- Experience of managing projects for document management systems
Cultural fit criteria:
- Can work collaboratively with the IT business as usual team to ensure the best outcomes for the Council.
- Can work collaboratively with specialists in the Council to achieve project aims (e.g. finance, legal and procurement)
Additional assessment methods:
Technical competence 65% Cultural fit 10% Price 25%