Technical Delivery Manager - Planning and Building Control
We are looking for a Technical Delivery Manager with experience in implementing and integrating systems in the field of Planning and Building Control. This role is with the London Borough of Redbridge, where the Specialist will be required to manage a number of projects within the IT Portfolio. The Specialist will support the delivery of the IT and Digital Strategies, working across departments to deliver improvements for internal and external customers.
This role is likely to be of greatest interest to anyone who wishes to or understands latest technologies such as AI Validators, GIS, Chatbots and Cloud based solutions, which are being use to develop the web based solutions at London Borough of Redbridge.
Expected contract length:
Initially 3 months, with potential extensions until end of 2021.
Who the specialist will work with:
There is an established IT Project Management Office with many projects underway. You will work with resources across the IT team and in specialist functions (e.g. finance and procurement) to deliver the projects.
What the specialist will work on:
- Citizens Portal project – deliver replacement for APAS Web to provide new features to Planning and Building
- Agile GIS project – deliver replacement to existing P&BC GIS solution.
- Agile Chatbot with Citizens Portal integration – deliver chatbot upgrade for Planning and new on for Building Control.
- Agile SaaS – project to migrate to the Cloud solution.
- Agile AI Validator – project to introduce new AI feature to APAS
Address where the work will take place:
The IT Team for London Borough of Redbridge is based at Lynton House, Ilford. However the majority of the team are working from home due to Covid-19 and this role would be expected to do the same.
Working remotely from home due to Covid 19. Occasional requirement to be onsite to collect/return IT equipment.
Essential skills and experience:
- Have experience working with local government procurement processes
- Have experience of the full project life cycle from business case definition, through to transition to business as usual
- Have extensive experience of project management
- Have experience with one or more project methodologies (e.g. Agile, PRINCE2,PMP)
- Experience of successfully delivering projects in a local government or public sector organistion
- Experience of managing projects to deliver chat-bots
- Experience of managing projects improving planning and building control IT applications
Cultural fit criteria:
- Can work collaboratively with the IT business as usual team to ensure the best outcomes for the Council.
- Can work collaboratively with specialists in the Council to achieve project aims (e.g. finance, legal and procurement)
Additional assessment methods:
Technical competence 65% Cultural fit 10% Price 25%